Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sante Fe Chicken Chowder

Nothing quite like a nice, long, relaxing vacation that can really make you detest the rest of the world when you return. My husband and I have just returned from an amazing Carnival Cruise (which I'll be posting about later). I loved countless things about the trip, but one thing that was fantastic was the feeling of being cut off from everyone. I used my free time to do something I embarrassingly haven't done in a LONG time: read a book. But, like I said I'll be doing a vacation post later this week with all the details!

In the little hiatus I'd taken from cooking these past couple months, I had bookmarked a ton of recipes I wanted to try. I'm not sure what prompted the hiatus, or why I was more than happy to eat chips and buffalo ranch dip for dinner most nights instead of cooking a meal suitable for a human, but whatever it was I feel as though I'm emerging from this 'funk'. This meal below was originally cooked as a crock pot meal, so if you like to use your crock pot you can follow the original recipe here. I had a craving for this meal about 45 minutes before I wanted to eat, and waiting until the next day to use the crock pot was completely out of the question. This was so good I could have eaten this all week. I cut the portion down to 2 servings, and added in the corn starch to thicken the broth a bit as it was a little watery for my taste at first. Don't skimp out on the sour cream, this was my little addition and it blended so well with the spice of the chowder.






1 comment:

  1. Hey! Love your blog! I'm definitely going to start following. Check mine out at www.breakfast-in-bread.blogspot.com.

    Can't wait to make this chicken chowder!

    ReplyDelete