Friday, December 28, 2012

Chicken in Creamy Chive Sauce

Whew, Christmas is officially over. This year was a little more hectic than normal since we're still getting settled from the move. I hate to say it, but I wasn't really into Christmas this year. I'm really looking forward to getting into a normal routine!

So here is another edition of the recipe swap hosted by http://tasteofhomecooking.blogspot.com. I was assigned Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations and I settled on the Creamy Chive Chicken recipe. This was SO good, and my husband loved this one too. I took her notes and I added some white wine into the sauce which I think gave it a nice flavor, I also added salt as I thought it was a little bland on first tasting. This one is definitely making it's way into my recipe box!

 
 
Ingredients
-1 tablespoon EVOO
-2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-3 tablespoons minced shallots
-1 teaspoon dried thyme
-1 and 1/2 cup cream
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup white wine
-2 tablespoons chopped chives
-1/2 teaspoon salt
 
1. Over medium high heat, heat the EVOO and add the shallots and garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
 
2. Add chicken pieces and cook 5 minutes, then add cream, white wine, thyme, and salt, bring to boil and then simmer 5 minutes until chicken is cooked.
 
3. Once chicken is cooked, add the Parmesan cheese and simmer 1-2 minutes. Stir in chives, serve over pasta or rice.



Source: Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations




 
 
 

3 comments: