Sunday, September 2, 2012

Orange and Cinnamon Stuffed Pancakes


Does anyone know where the summer went? There's no way it's really September already. But as I've been saying for the past few weeks, I'm ready for Fall! Fall means: cooler weather, pumpkin recipes, Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candle, my birthday, football, Thanksgiving, and shrimping.

Before my husband left for training for Myrtle Beach, we went out to brunch where I had a delicious stuffed French Toast. The cream cheese was flavored with Grand Marnier and it was absolutely amazing! I was making pancakes for myself this morning and wanted to make a Stuffed Pancake, since I didn't have bread for French Toast. I had a bottle of Cointreau that I never use, I really don't even know why I have it. I whipped up a sweetened cream cheese and added cinnamon and Cointreau to make a savory orange filling for the pancakes. Topped with some lite syrup and served warm, you must make these for your next weekend breakfast! I took a short cut and used Bisquick Shake n' Pour pancakes since I didn't feel like making them from scratch. Don't you dare judge me.




 
 
 
Ingredients
-1 tablespoon 1/3 fat or fat free cream cheese
-1 teaspoon powdered sugar
-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 teaspoon Cointreau (or other orange flavored liquor)
 
1. In a small bowl or ramekin, combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Stir until smooth. Add in cinnamon and Cointreau, mix until well combined and smooth.
 
2. Spread cream cheese mixture on warm pancakes, or warm French Toast.
 
 
A Seasoned Greeting Original


No comments:

Post a Comment